Spreetail is a profitable and growing eCommerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and out think the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
Operations and Logistics are the front line to ensuring quick and perfect deliveries, every time, to our customers around the nation. Our team is continually pushing the boundaries of order transit time, delivery quality and order accuracy.
As the Receiving Manager you will:
- Proactively review receiving schedule to ensure resources are allocated efficiently.
- Respond to all correspondence involving inbound shipments.
- Review all inbound shipments and adjust accordingly to meet business needs.
- Regularly reach out to other departments (Vendor Management, Accounting, Operations, etc.) to ensure receiving issues are being addressed proactively and effectively.
- Follow up with Vendor Management about discrepancies in quantities of product.
- Anticipate receiving delays and work with Operations and Vendor Management to ensure all shipments arrive on time and the right amounts of product are accounted for.
- Effectively manage receiving dock to ensure area is clear of product and provides a safe working area.
- Regularly implement process improvements that will result in greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Hold regular statuses with Receiving Lead(s) to maximize training opportunities, address concerns, and contribute to growth & development of Fulfillment Team Members.
- Develop and maintain scorecard and dashboard performance for the business unit; drive accountability and ownership amoungst team members.
- Hold Receiving Lead(s) accountable to monitoring team member receiving performance by reviewing reports daily.
- Review receiving metrics and report wins and opportunities to the Receiving Lead(s) and other business stakeholders.
- Make sure all items we sell are represented accurately in our system.
- Plan ahead so products and space are prepped for incoming shipments and communicated with Receiving Lead(s).
- Partner with merchandising teams to identify cost efficiencies in shipments and product receipt.
- Effectively plan to eliminate congestion that will result in additional avoidable costs.
- Maintain healthy relationships with drivers and suppliers alike.
- Create optimal inventory levels in shipping locations by strategically adding items into inventory. Have proactive plan for placement of inventory based on merchandise planning and allocation; raise any issues and partner to resolve.
- Have working knowledge of network and Fulfillment P&L performance; identify areas of opportunity for efficiency and cost-effective initiatives.
- Bring timely issues to department meetings and seek out creative, scalable solutions through collaboration.
- Ensure Receiving Lead(s) hold team responsible to daily tasks: cleaning, supply count, supply order, etc.
- Collaborate with other warehouse managers to ensure business goals are met.
- Anticipate the changes in our growing business and be prepared to lead projects that will align our FC network with those foreseeable changes.
Please also be able to display:
- 2-4 years of management or leadership experience.
- Intermediate level computer proficiency
- Proficient in excel, plan forecasting and analysis
- Process mapping and SOP documentation ability
- Scorecard and dashboard performance management
- Capable of lifting up to 75 lbs. routinely throughout the workday.
- Ability to stand for 95% of the workday.
- Strong Leadership and planning skills.
- Shows strong Communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Maintain flexibility to work some weekends and long hours during busy work periods.
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle that isn’t for the faint of heart. Expect to work 50+ hours each week and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Island getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment