Spreetail is a profitable and growing e-commerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
As the Merchandising Operations Senior Manager you will:
- Grow, develop, and lead a large team of copywriters, product content specialists, and quality analysts who directly support Spreetail’s product catalog
- Develop and implement strategic plan for merchandising department as it relates to item content
- Oversee item content life cycle at every stage of production: data acquisition, product research, attribution, copy creation, visual asset development, item launch, QA efforts, and category audits
- Drive workflow improvements and automation opportunities from both people and process standpoints
- Work closely with stakeholders across the merchandising organization to define product content standards and quality metrics, while also partnering with marketing and creative to tailor item content to our customers
- Serve as primary owner and stakeholder of Product Information Management (PIM) systems and solutions, with a key outcome including the roll-out of a portal which allows vendors to directly supply the content team with item data and assets
- Participate in site feature research, testing, implementation, and analysis alongside our UX, site, and product teams
- Oversee the sourcing and maintenance of accurate, approved, and up-to-date product content (including product specifications, imagery, copy, pricing and rich marketing content) by proofing and auditing, assisting in the optimization of content, and the quality and integrity of images and videos
- Communicate with creative department for asset creation needs and ensure all branding guidelines are maintained across the website.
- Work on quality improvement initiatives in reducing customer contacts as they relate to item content
- Ensure item content on Spreetail’s channels is accurate, engaging, relevant to the consumer and consistent with consistent brand messaging and retailer online requirements
We look forward to learning more about your experience with:
- Ability to scale people, processes, and programs as Spreetail’s product catalog and channels rapidly grow
- Analytically minded and ability to utilize analytics to prioritize content needs and impact across the organization
- Strong command of utilizing technology and tools to manage and communicate with a large team across multiple office locations
- Demonstrated skill in project management and prioritization
- Ability to justify decisions and measure results through data and analytical acumen
- Experience serving as primary liaison between production and all other departments including marketing, software, product & engineering, vendor management, and legal
- 5+ years of industry experience in ecommerce or a relevant site operations field
- Skill at analyzing and interpreting data and distilling it to solve problems and give actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to organize team processes and workflow to guarantee delivery of stakeholder requirements
- Proven track record of prioritizing and delivering projects in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Technical proficiency in content management tools, policies, and procedures
- Strong team development and leadership skills
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and out-think the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance (Spreetail pays your FULL monthly premium.)
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Island getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle that isn’t for the faint of heart. Expect put in the necessary hours each week and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.