Spreetail is a profitable and growing ecommerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and outthink the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
The Product Content team creates engaging, informative, and optimized content for our product listings on various online marketplaces. This team is responsible for developing the copy and editing images for the tens of thousands of products we carry, with the goal of creating a fantastic user experience for our customers and building brand loyalty. Product Content Specialists must be extremely detail-oriented and have experience in writing creative yet concise copy.
As a Product Content Specialist, you will:
- Perform product, brand, and supplier research for our catalog items
- Create engaging product descriptions with our customers in mind
- Proof all product content to ensure it is accurate and free of all typos or errors
- Establish and maintain consistency in product descriptions across all marketplaces and sales channels
- Perform and implement keyword research in our content to ensure descriptions are optimized to rank for SEO
- Research and analyze competitor listings and brand landing pages in order to glean actionable insights for our team
- Shoot and edit appealing photos of products in our warehouse
- Manage and maintain the quality of our growing catalog's content and assets via our in-house software
- Help identify and track KPIs for listing performance
- Constantly look for ways to improve the team's efficiency, output, and energy
- Seek out collaboration opportunities with other departments in order to learn more about the business and develop important industry skillsets
- Never settle for "done"
To join our team, you should have:
- Experience creating and editing copy in a variety of content formats
- Strong writing voice that persuades, entertains, and informs
- Empathy for our customers so you can write a listing that wants to solve their pain points and bring them joy, not sell them something (no bots allowed)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Google tools, and Adobe Photoshop
- Visual literacy
- A sense of humor
We'd be even more jazzed if you have:
- Proficiency in InDesign, iMovie, or Adobe Premiere
- Experience writing and/or optimizing web content for search engines
- Experience with basic html, CSS
- Knowledge of platforms and tools like Google Analytics, Wordpress, Moz, SEMrush
- Experience planning, executing, and/or managing content on websites
- Experience measuring content performance metrics in order to make data-driven decisions
- A ~fire~ portfolio that shows off your best copywriting and/or photography samples
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle that isn’t for the faint of heart. Expect to put in the necessary hours each week to get the job done and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- 20 days paid time off per year
- Group health insurance
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Beach getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment