Spreetail is a profitable and growing ecommerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
As a Category Development Manager, you will be a key person for Spreetail’s private brands and their assortments within a defined category reporting to the Head of Private Brands. You will drive the category and take part in a complete experience as you will manage every facet of the product life cycle. This means you work with a cross-functional team across marketing, sourcing, product development, corporate communications, legal, content teams, and more. In this role, you'll be involved with Spreetail’s private brands category strategy from beginning to end.
As a Category Development Manager, you will:
- Develop the consumer product roadmap, identifying assortment opportunities for private label that align with the overall merchandising strategy for assigned categories.
- Strategically plan and execute product strategy from product concept to finished product through partnerships with product development, sourcing, brand and content teams.
- Conduct customer research and translate insights into differentiated product opportunities.
- Develop market requirements document outlining target market, competitive positioning, and list of key product features.
- Be the product expert by understanding the needs of customers as well as having a deep knowledge of the industry.
- Determine product costs and pricing targets based on product specifications.
- Create product specifications based on insights that solve the consumer need and meet costing and pricing targets.
- Define the packaging strategy including required content and costs.
- Collaborate with Site Merchandising and Content team on all product-related content needs to create a differentiated and best-in-class shopping experience.
- Achieve product expansion and margin goals.
We look forward to learning more about your experience with:
- 5+ years with relevant product management experience in consumer goods, preferably in durable goods or hard goods
- Full life cycle experience launching products from concept to market.
- Experience leading projects through a stage-gate process that ultimately launches competitive products into the market on time and on budget.
- Experience sourcing and developing products both domestically and internationally
- Building strategic relationships with OEM/ODM companies
- High attention to detail including proven ability to document requirements and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to execute methodically and think strategically
- Strong team-orientation
- Superior presentation and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead high functioning cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a way of life
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (MS Project experience a plus)
- Ability to analyze and interpret KPI data, sales reports, etc.
- Ability to define problems/opportunities, collect data, establish facts and make valid conclusions/recommendations
- Able to travel for tradeshows, company events, etc.; travel is domestic, with rare international travel required.
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and outthink the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Beach getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle that isn’t for the faint of heart. Expect to put in the necessary hours each week to get the job done and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.