Spreetail is a profitable and growing eCommerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and out think the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
Operations and Logistics are the front line to ensuring quick and perfect deliveries, every time, to our customers around the nation. Our team is continually pushing the boundaries of order transit time, delivery quality and order accuracy.
As the Shipping Manager you will:
- Place importance on each shipment that leaves our distribution center to ensure it represents our brand in the best way possible.
- Respond to all correspondence involving outbound shipments.
- Frequently reach out to other departments (Customer Experience, Accounting, Operations, etc.) to ensure shipping issues are being addressed proactively and effectively.
- Regularly suggest process improvements that will result in greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Hold regular statuses with Shipping Lead(s) to maximize training opportunities, address concerns, and contribute to growth & development of FC Team Members.
- Partner proactively with carrier to limit or eliminate shipment delays.
- Pre-plan with carriers and network to ensure capacity expectations are met; both carrier and FC capacity.
- Contingency plan for shipping delays and work with Operations and Customer Experience to ensure all shipments leave on time.
- Drive effective communication with marketplace representatives to ensure performance standards are met and issues are communicated.
- Push Shipping Lead(s) to complete personal development plans; including tracking of progress and clear expectations for added impact.
- Hold Shipping Lead(s) accountable to monitoring TM shipping performance by reviewing reports daily and creating clear action plans for performance review.
- Review shipping metrics and analyze data to make strategic decisions for the business. Be prepared to present wins and opportunities to the Shipping Lead(s) and additional stakeholders.
- Create optimal inventory levels in shipping locations by partnering with inventory manager to create highest density possible and pre-plan seasonal item locations.
- Collaborate with other warehouse managers to ensure business goals are being met.
- Anticipate the changes in our growing business and be prepared to lead projects that will align our Fulfillment network with those foreseeable changes.
Please also be able to display:
- 2-4 years of management or leadership experience.
- Intermediate level computer proficiency
- Proficient in excel, plan forecasting and analysis
- Process mapping and SOP documentation ability
- Scorecard and dashboard performance management
- Capable of lifting up to 75 lbs. routinely throughout the workday.
- Ability to stand for 95% of the workday.
- Strong Leadership and planning skills.
- Shows strong Communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Maintain flexibility to work some weekends and long hours during busy work periods.
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle that isn’t for the faint of heart. Expect to work 50+ hours each week and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Island getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment