Spreetail is a profitable and growing ecommerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and outthink the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
As the leader of our Dallas studio, this is an exciting opportunity to build something from the ground up at a profitable and growing company the way you always wanted to. You will be responsible for managing hiring, provide input on construction, buying gear and setting up workflows.
As the Head of Photo Studio & Production Operations, you will:
- Initially build a team, a facility and workflows to support scalable photo and video production
- Oversee strategy formulation, budget analysis, and operational efficiency of a photo and video studio
- Lead a team in generating 500+ images a day across lifestyle and production photography and video
- Lead and organize regular meetings with teams to assess current processes, identify gaps, and develop/refine processes that support the business growth.
- Manage and track all production efforts according to defined standards with respect to deadlines, quality, and teamwork.
- Responsible for monthly studio budgets - reporting and reviewing studio operation and freelance expenses
- Oversee staff and freelance scheduling based on workload and scheduled projects.
- Studio liaison with internal partners/clients – Shoot Producers, Shoot
- Facility management – coordinate maintenance and upkeep of the facility
- Create monthly web creative expense forecast.
- Work with partners to implement studio processes and reporting
- Support site merchandisers and product team in product discoverability initiatives
- Manage, coach, and ensure department employees have the resources needed to complete their jobs
- Maintain and develop cross-departmental relationships with Marketers, Fulfillment Center, Finance and Tech leadership to support dependencies and needs of the production team.
- Mentor employees
- Must have 5+ years of creative operations experience, preferably retail and/or e-commerce environment
- Must have 5+ years of direct supervision experience with proven record of leading large creative teams
- Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of photography, asset management (DAM), and video production
- Must be able to be resourceful and have a professional approach to the creative process
- A proven track record of bringing innovative ideas to fruition
- Experience with prioritization, task, and project management skills
- Successful track record of developing, setting, managing, and achieving goals alone and as part of a team
- Must be highly adaptable to supporting frequent changes in direction and workflow
- Knowledge of facilities systems and demonstrated experience managing complex facilities projects
- Preferred experience with web content management, CMS tools
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle that isn’t for the faint of heart. Expect to put in the necessary hours each week to get the job done and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Beach getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment